Joseph MacLellan is senior counsel in the Hospitality, Alcohol & Leisure Industry Group at Greenspoon Marder LLP. Mr. MacLellan has more than 20 years of experience in the hospitality industry as an attorney and industry member. Mr. MacLellan focuses his practice on hospitality and entertainment law as well as the laws governing the alcohol beverage industry. In addition, Mr. Maclellan is a transactional attorney practicing in the areas of corporate and general business law, commercial real estate, and international law. Mr. MacLellan represents a wide variety of clients, including nightclub and restaurant owners, manufacturing companies, startups and growth-stage companies. He provides guidance to clients regarding corporate formation and structuring, general business law and contract litigation. Mr. MacLellan has represented both individuals and companies in a wide range of complex commercial litigation matters in federal and state courts as well as before arbitration tribunals throughout the United States.
Prior to joining Greenspoon Marder, LLP, Mr. MacLellan served as General Counsel and Executive Vice President to an international manufacturing company. Mr. MacLellan has also owned and operated an international sourcing and buying office, a retail design and activation company as well as multiple restaurants. Mr. MacLellan is able to utilize his experience as a legal advisor and business owner to offer cost-effective solutions to his clients. Mr. MacLellan is a time-tested and proven deal closer. He specializes in the formation of profitable and mutually beneficial business ventures achieved by utilizing collaborative efforts, strategic planning and a new school approach to traditional corporate and legal protocols. Mr. MacLellan doesn’t just view each deal by evaluating the four corners of a contract but instead works to understand the nuances of the people, passion and purpose of every opportunity.
Drawing on his extensive manufacturing experience, Mr. MacLellan assists clients throughout the buying, selling and brokering process for PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) sales. His global connections allow him to bring together contacts and prospective clients in mutually beneficial transactions. Joseph MacLellan advises public and private clients in Asia, Europe, and the U.S. and across a wide array of industries including medical, technology, government, and charitable organizations, among many others.
- U.S. District Court, Southern and Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, New Jersey
- New York
- New Jersey
- J.D., Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center, cum laude, 2007
- B.A., University of Central Florida, 2004
Professional and Community Involvement
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- New Jersey Bar Association, Member
- Florida Bar Association, Member
- UCF Alumni Association, Member
- 3rd Avenue Merchants Association, Member
In the News
- Featured, “This is how Joe MacLellan is Raising the Bar in Legal Practices in the Hospitality, Alcohol, and Leisure Industries with his Unparalleled Expertise,” MarketWatch, February 27, 2023
- Aug 4, 2023 Greenspoon Marder Attorneys Joseph MacLellan and Gai Sher Represent Client B Generous In Partnership with NFL Player Damar Hamlin
- May 16, 2023 Greenspoon Marder Secures Victory for Pasiphae Holdings, Inc. in PPE Lawsuit
- Feb 23, 2023 Greenspoon Marder Client Granted Ex Parte Relief in California District Court
- Mar 16, 2020 Greenspoon Marder Expands National Hospitality, Alcohol & Leisure Industry Group In New York And California