Joshua M. Deal is an associate in Greenspoon Marder’s Construction and Litigation practice groups. He concentrates his practice on commercial and civil matters litigating in state and federal courts in New York and handling appeals before the New York Supreme Court, Appellate Division, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit. Mr. Deal has experience representing construction industry clients on contract disputes, construction defect claims, delay claims, payment and performance bond claims, and mechanic’s lien claims.
Mr. Deal obtained his Juris Doctor from Washington and Lee University School of Law. While attending law school, he served as a staff writer for the Washington and Lee Law Review and competed in the John W. Davis Appellate Advocacy Competition. Mr. Deal was also the winner of the Washington Bar Association Eugene Hamilton Scholarship Writing Competition. He holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in History and Political Science from Virginia Tech.
- S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- New Jersey
- New York
- J.D., Washington and Lee University School of Law, 2015
- B.A., Virginia Tech, 2012
- Super Lawyers magazine, “New York Rising Stars,” Construction Litigation, 2020 – 2021
- “Developments in Lateral Support,” Commercial Construction & Renovation Magazine, August 17, 2021
In The News
- Featured, “Greenspoon Taps 2 Attys For Construction Group In NY” Law360, May 24, 2021