Dariel J. Abrahamy is a partner in Greenspoon Marder’s Commercial and Civil Litigation practice group. He handles litigation, trials, and appeals in State and Federal court. Mr. Abrahamy has substantial experience in commercial and real estate litigation, including commercial and residential landlord-tenant disputes, commercial foreclosures, business disputes, defending claims arising under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, easements, quiet title actions, security and escrow deposit claims, contract disputes, collection matters, and deficiency judgments. Mr. Abrahamy handles appeals, including oral argument, in all of Florida’s appellate districts.
Mr. Abrahamy also manages a team of attorneys representing lenders, servicers, banks, and other third-party purchasers against condominium and homeowners associations’ claims for assessments following foreclosure. Mr. Abrahamy has presented to Fortune 500 companies on strategies for limiting lender liability for pre and post-title assessments and related charges and is one of the leading authorities in Florida on the safe-harbor statute.
After growing up in South Florida, Mr. Abrahamy attended Washington University in St. Louis, where he obtained a B.S.B.A. from the Olin School of Business. He then returned to South Florida, receiving his J.D. from the University of Miami School of Law. Mr. Abrahamy joined Greenspoon Marder in 2005.
- U.S. District Court, Middle District Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District Florida
- New York
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law, 2005
- B.A., Washington University, St. Louis, 2002
- B.S., Washington University, St. Louis, 2002
- Wiggins v. Tigrent, Inc., 147 So.3d 76 (Fla. 2nd DCA 2014)(obtained reversal on appeal of judgment entered against individual in case of first impression in Florida. Case involved whether individual waived his right to object to personal jurisdiction by failing to raise the issue until after the entry of default judgment).
- Trial attorney on complex commercial litigation cases, including commercial foreclosures, commercial landlord-tenant disputes, guarantees, and evictions.
- Trial attorney on cases involving purchase and sale agreements, leases, and security deposit claims.
- Trial attorney defending institutional lenders and servicers against condominium and homeowners associations’ claims for assessments and associated charges.
- Lead appellate attorney in successful appeals filed in all of Florida’s District Court of Appeals, including seven oral arguments.
- Duff v. Bank of New York Mellon, 261 So.3d 535 (Fla. 2d DCA 2019)
- Bloomingdale Trails Homeowners’ Association v. Bank of New York Mellon, 271 So.3d 961 (Fla. 2d DCA 2019)
- Cordeiro v. Bank of New York Mellon, 254 So.3d 926 (Fla. 5d DCA 2018)
- Orlando Property Acquisitions, LLC v. Bank of New York Mellon, 249 So.3d 656 (Fla. 5d DCA 2018)
- Gomez v. Bank of New York Mellon, 246 So.3d 307 (Fla. 2d DCA 2017)
- Litigated cases involving Promissory Notes, Guarantees, Deficiency Judgments, Claims of Lien, and quiet title actions involving tax deeds and other real property.
- Successfully obtained judgments for clients on breach of contract actions
- Experienced in Domesticating Foreign Judgments throughout Florida
- Class Action Defense counsel in Telephone Consumer Protection Act cases.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Board of Directors, Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce
- Ruth & Norman Rales Jewish Family Services
- Meals on Wheels Program, Volunteer Driver
- Food Pantry
- Sterling Education, Landlord Tenant Seminars, Lecturer
- Leadership Broward Class XXIX
- Attorney at Law Magazine, “South Florida Rising Stars,” 2018
- Benchmark Litigation, “Under 40 Hot List,” 2017
- Daily Business Review, “Rising Star,” 2016
- Super Lawyers magazine, General Litigation “Florida Rising Stars,” 2013-2019
- Leadership Broward Class XXIX
In the News
- Quoted, “Florida Supreme Court Foreclosure Ruling Expected to Increase Filings, Provide Clarity,” Florida Record, November 18, 2016
- Author, “3 Gray Areas In Florida’s Condo, HOA Safe Harbor Statutes,” Law360, June 25, 2014
- Mar 9, 2010 Eviction 101: What to Do When Enough is Enough
- Jun 18, 2018 Super Lawyers Recognizes 15 Attorneys At Greenspoon Marder As “2018 Rising Stars” In Florida
- Aug 15, 2017 Four Greenspoon Marder Attorneys Recognized in Benchmark Litigation’s Under 40 Hotlist 2017
- Jun 8, 2017 Super Lawyers Recognizes 16 Greenspoon Marder Attorneys As 2017 Florida Rising Stars
- Jun 7, 2017 Super Lawyers Recognizes 21 Attorneys at Greenspoon Marder in Florida
- Jun 23, 2016 Super Lawyers Recognizes 38 Attorneys at Greenspoon Marder
- Apr 7, 2016 Greenspoon Marder Attorneys Dariel Abrahamy and Alicia Lewis Selected as 2016 Rising Stars
- Jun 12, 2015 26 Greenspoon Marder Law Attorneys Listed Among 2015 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Jun 10, 2014 Fifteen Greenspoon Marder Law Attorney’s Selected as 2014 Florida Super Lawyers, and Ten as 2014 Florida Rising Stars
- Jan 9, 2014 Greenspoon Marder Announces Five Attorneys Promoted to Shareholders in Fort Lauderdale and Orlando Offices
- Jun 13, 2013 26 Greenspoon Marder Attorneys Listed Among Florida Super Lawyers