David Merkur serves as the Financial Services practice group’s Managing Attorney at Greenspoon Marder. He is dedicated to lender representation in all aspects of default litigation. David oversees day to day operations of the multi-state department consisting of over 15 attorneys and over 100 staff.
Mr. Merkur has extensive experience representing mortgage loan servicers, investors, governmental insurers and originators in all aspects of litigation including title litigation, eviction and settlement initiatives. He works with private loan investors to complete full service due diligence in advance of non-performing loan pool purchases. Compliance with federal collections acts and state fair lending practices are essential to his clients and he advises on implementing process and procedures to ensure compliance.
Mr. Merkur also manages the firm’s Business Compliance practice group, which provides ancillary legal support and due diligence initiatives for some of the Firm’s largest clients.
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- J.D., Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center, 2008
- B.A., Political Science, University of Florida, 2005
In the News
- Featured, “Senior-Level Hires and Promotions,” Miami Herald, January 22, 2017