Kathryn Saft is a partner with Greenspoon Marder’s Timeshare & Resort practice group. She concentrates her practice on regulatory compliance, and general transactional and complex litigation matters. Ms. Saft focuses on designing and implementing regulatory compliance programs, defending against administrative complaints and investigations and monitoring and improving corporate compliance positions. She is responsible for drafting regulatory policies and procedures, implementing licensing schemes for registration compliance, and reviewing advertising campaigns. In addition, she also handles regulatory matters as they apply to real estate, licensing, marketing and employment issues.
Ms. Saft represents clients in both state and federal court and advises clients in legal compliance and defends clients before all federal regulatory bodies such as the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the Federal Trade Commission, and the Federal Communication Commission. She regularly responds to various state Attorney General and Division of Real Estate investigations and compliance inquiries.
In addition, she represents several leaders in the timeshare industry including largest privately-held timeshare and vacation ownership company in the U.S., handling a wide array of matters ranging from initial compliance to litigation defense under the following statutory schemes: the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, Telemarketing Sales Rule, Fair Debt Collections Act, Dodd Frank Act, all state counterparts and state timeshare statutes.
Ms. Saft regularly presents to employees and independent contractors of resorts and developer clients on training and compliance issues related to collections, telemarketing, vacation club and timeshare regulation.
In addition to her regulatory practice, she handles general complex commercial litigation matters, real estate acquisitions and closings, commercial leasing plans and licensing agreements and marketing matters. She also drafts and reviews governing documents for timeshare plans.
Ms. Saft actively works with the American Resort Development Association (ARDA), in order to review pending legislation affecting the timeshare industry nationwide and reviews proposed legislative changes as it relates to the timeshare industry.
She guides her clients through project planning, structure, regulatory, title, associations and administration of their properties, as well as advising on real estate contracts, closings, title review, and closing document preparation.
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U. S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- J.D., University of Miami, summa cum laude, 2007
- B.A., Spanish and Economics, Emory University, 2004
- Financial economics and business policy analysis, double concentration
- Timeshare Law, Regulation and Licensing
- Telemarketing, Federal and State Compliance
- For Profit Debt Collection
- Sellers of Travel and Tour Promoters
- Consumer Trade Practices
- Sweepstakes and Prize Promotion Regulation
Professional and Community Involvement
- Guardian ad litem, Member, 2007-2011
Recognitions and Scholarships
- Benchmark Litigation, “Under 40 Hot List,” 2018-2019
- Goodrich C. White Academic Merit Scholarship, Emory University, Recipient
- Phi Beta Kappa, Phi Sigma Iota, Omicron Delta Epsilon, and Phi Eta Sigma, Emory University, Member
- University of Miami Law Review Editorial Board, Member
- Dean’s Merit Scholarship from University of Miami, Recipient
- Order of the Coif, Member
In the News
- Featured, “People on the Move,” Orlando Sentinel, January 24, 2017
- Quoted, “Federal Agency Probes Westgate Resorts Selling Tactics,” Orlando Sentinel, March 18, 2016
- Aug 1, 2019 Three Greenspoon Marder Attorneys Recognized In Benchmark Litigation’s “Under 40 Hotlist” 2019
- Jun 3, 2019 Greenspoon Marder Obtains One-Of-A-Kind Order Against Major Timeshare Exit Companies On Behalf of Client, Westgate Resorts
- May 29, 2019 Westgate Las Vegas Resort Awarded Attorneys’ Fees and Costs in Lawsuit Filed by Attorney Austin Aaronson
- May 1, 2019 Greenspoon Marder Obtains Default Order Against Major Timeshare Exit Companies
- Jul 2, 2018 Four Greenspoon Marder Attorneys Recognized in Benchmark Litigation’s “Under 40 Hotlist” for 2018
- Jan 5, 2018 Greenspoon Marder Secures Arbitration Award of $2.8 Million On Behalf of Client Westgate Resorts
- Mar 3, 2017 Greenspoon Marder Shareholder Kathryn Saft Featured Speaker At Vacation Ownership Conferences
- Feb 15, 2017 Greenspoon Marder Supports ARDA World 2017
- Jan 12, 2017 Greenspoon Marder Promotes Eight Attorneys to Shareholder in 2017