International Wealth and Asset Planning Services
The International Wealth and Asset Planning Practice at Greenspoon Marder LLP guides clients in developing and implementing comprehensive asset protection and wealth management strategies. Our lawyers regularly counsel businesses and individual clients across the United States and around the world in conventional and domestic estate planning matters, integrated estate planning, offshore planning, transactional matters and business and tax planning.
The attorneys at Greenspoon Marder focus on providing clients with the tools and information they need to properly protect and safeguard their assets. Our attorneys have a vast understanding of the complex laws – both U.S. and foreign – governing wealth planning and asset protection and we leverage this knowledge to design strategies that effectively safeguard our clients’ assets from the reach of creditors and litigants.
Our firm offers a full range of wealth management and asset planning services, including:
- Asset Protection Planning; Estate Planning
- International Trusts and Estates
- Business Transactions; Business Planning
- Expert Witness Services – Asset Transfers; Trust Matters
- Trust Administration; Trust Services
- Fiduciary Compliance
- Income, Gift and Estate Tax Matters
- U.S. Taxation of Foreign Entities
- Tax Filings and Tax Compliance
- Special Needs Planning; Planning for Persons with Disabilities
- Analysis of the Potential and Options for Asset Recovery Actions
- Moving Assets Abroad
Integrated Estate Planning Approach
Greenspoon Marder’s International Wealth and Asset Planning Group is well known for its emphasis on the lifetime protection of the estate (“integrated estate planning”). Integrated estate planning works to ensure that asset protection planning is fully integrated with the client’s overall wealth planning and estate planning strategies. This comprehensive approach involves utilizing a mix of asset planning tools and techniques to design an asset protection plan in advance that best deters litigation and guards the client’s assets from future risks and threats.
Our lawyers have particular experience working in the field of asset protection through foreign trusts. We have prepared thousand of plans involving foreign trusts and participated in the successful defense of over 100 plans that have been met with a challenge.
To learn more about how our International Wealth and Asset Planning Practice can assist you, we invite you to schedule a consultation with our team.
- Jul 12, 2019 Greenspoon Marder Partner Edward Brown Recognized By Lexology Content Marketing Awards As “Legal Influencer For Private Client – U.S.”
- Apr 16, 2019 Greenspoon Marder Attorneys Edward D. Brown And Andrew Bechel To Be Featured Speakers For The “Designing and Drafting the Integrated Estate Planning Structure” Celesq Webinar
- Mar 19, 2019 Greenspoon Marder Attorneys Edward D. Brown and Jacqueline Z. Fox Featured Speakers At The Celesq “Recent Developments In Asset Protection Planning During 2018 And Into 2019” Webinar
- Mar 4, 2019 International Wealth and Asset Planning Group Annual Client Alert
- Feb 19, 2019 Greenspoon Marder Attorney Jacqueline Fox Co-Authors Chapter 8 of the American Bar Association’s Asset Protection Strategies Volume 1
- Feb 12, 2019 Greenspoon Marder Attorneys Edward Brown and Andrew Bechel To Be Featured Speakers For The “Ethical Considerations for Attorneys Involved in Estate Planning and Asset Protection” Celesq Webinar
- Oct 9, 2018 Greenspoon Marder Partner, Edward Brown, Co-Authors Irrevocable Trusts Chapter of the Colorado Bar Association’s Estate Planning Handbook
- Aug 6, 2018 Greenspoon Marder and The Latin American Lawyer Host Investment and Citizenship Portfolios Forum
- May 2, 2018 Greenspoon Marder Launches International Wealth & Asset Planning Blog
- Dec 12, 2017 Greenspoon Marder Shareholder Edward D. Brown Presenter at Celesq’s Ethical Considerations Webinar
- Dec 4, 2017 Greenspoon Marder Expands International Wealth and Asset Planning Practice With Addition of Shareholder Edward D. Brown in Denver
- Nov 30, 2017 Greenspoon Marder Attorney Allen Rozansky To Co-Chair Continued Legal Education Live Program and Webcast “The Practitioner’s Guide To Colorado Business Organizations”
- Nov 14, 2017 Greenspoon Marder Attorney Allen Rozansky Co-Managing Editor and Contributing Author to the Colorado Bar Association’s “The Practitioner’s Guide to Colorado Business Organizations” Third Edition
- Nov 3, 2017 Greenspoon Marder Client Alert: 2017 Tax Act
- Jun 24, 2017 Greenspoon Marder Supports PurpleStride Denver 2017
- May 3, 2017 Greenspoon Marder Shareholders Barry Engel, Arthur Ettinger, And Robert Preston Named Among The National Law Journal’s 2017 Divorce, Trusts & Estates Trailblazers
- Mar 17, 2017 Greenspoon Marder Shareholder Barry Engel To Receive Lifetime Achievement Recognition At SouthPac Conference
- Dec 5, 2016 Greenspoon Marder Launches International Wealth and Asset Planning Practice Group
- Oct 24, 2016 Greenspoon Marder Shareholder Barry Engel Presents Strafford Webinar on Offshore Asset Protection Trusts
- Oct 15, 2019 Greenspoon Marder International Wealth & Asset Planning Blog: Connecticut Modernizes its Trust Laws and Becomes 19th State to Allow Self-Directed Legacy Trusts as of January 1, 2020, yet Remains the Only State in the Nation to Impose a State Gift Tax
- Oct 8, 2019 Greenspoon Marder International Wealth & Asset Planning Blog: The Tax Benefit That Works Because It Is Not A Tax Strategy
- Oct 2, 2019 Greenspoon Marder International Wealth & Asset Planning Blog: Are All US Citizens Created Equal In the Eyes of the IRS?
- Sep 24, 2019 Greenspoon Marder International Wealth & Asset Planning Blog: Qualified Small Business Opportunities-Patience Has Its Rewards
- Sep 9, 2019 Greenspoon Marder International Wealth & Asset Planning Blog: Qualified Opportunity Zone Opportunities–Why Pay Capital Gains Taxes Earlier than Need Be?
- Aug 6, 2019 Greenspoon Marder International Wealth & Asset Planning Blog: State Tax Law Update: Supreme Court Limits States’ Ability to Tax Trusts Based on Beneficiary Residency
- Jun 24, 2019 Greenspoon Marder International Wealth & Asset Planning Blog: How to Alleviate Your Concern about the Decriminalization of Hallucinogenic ‘Magic Mushrooms’ and Peyote by Providing Goal-Driven Beneficiary Provisions in Your Estate Plan
- May 10, 2019 Greenspoon Marder International Wealth & Asset Planning Blog: Denver Broncos’ Ownership Saga: A Lesson for Estate Planners Part 1
- May 1, 2019 Greenspoon Marder International Wealth & Asset Planning Blog: Tax Court Rules that Offshore Asset Protection Trust Assets are Not Available to the Taxpayer for Purposes of Paying the IRS
- Apr 22, 2019 Greenspoon Marder International Wealth & Asset Planning Blog: Benefits of Asset Protection Planning
- Apr 12, 2019 Greenspoon Marder International Wealth & Asset Planning: Asset Protection Planning: Dispelling the Myths
- Apr 2, 2019 Greenspoon Marder International Wealth & Asset Planning Blog: Asset Protection Without Extravagance
- Mar 25, 2019 Greenspoon Marder International Wealth & Asset Planning Blog: The Importance Of Protecting Your Personal Assets And The Assets Of Your Company Too!
- Mar 20, 2019 Greenspoon Marder International Wealth & Asset Planning Blog: Feeling Lucky? Our Six Tips On What To Do If You Win the Lottery.
- Mar 18, 2019 Think Twice if You Own 100% of a Limited Liability Company
- Mar 11, 2019 The IRS Has Spoken, Providing Another Asset Protection Trust Strategy
- Feb 25, 2019 Value is in the Eyes of the Creditor
- Feb 19, 2019 Is Asset Protection Planning Immoral?
- Jan 30, 2019 Selfish Reasons to be Generous
- Jan 7, 2019 The New Normal In Establishing & Maintaining International Asset Protection Trusts
- Jan 3, 2019 I Don’t Need Asset Protection, I Have Insurance!
- Dec 11, 2018 Asset Protection Planning Should Be High On Your Priority List
- Nov 20, 2018 Updates in Trust and Tax Law Cases-Straight Off the Press: Streightoff Estate Treated as Owning Full Partnership Interest in Partnership instead of merely as an Assignee Interest—Bad for Asset Protection?
- Oct 18, 2018 Reason to Have Asset Protection Attorneys Preview Tax Filings for International Trusts Before it’s Too Late
- Oct 16, 2018 Are Most Trusts Really (Potentially) Self-Settled Trusts?
- Sep 20, 2018 Be Careful Not to Engage in Fraudulent Non-Transfers
- Sep 17, 2018 Assigning QTIP Income Interest: A Valuable GST Planning Tool
- Sep 14, 2018 The Misfortunes of Not Addressing One’s Fortune
- Aug 15, 2018 IRS Releases Proposed Regulations for Deductions under Section 199A
- Aug 8, 2018 NY Bankruptcy Court Holds Inherited IRAs Are Not Protected
- Aug 1, 2018 If an Asset Protection Trust is Used as a Receptacle for Assets, Is this Automatically a Fraudulent Transfer?
- Jul 18, 2018 The Offshore Limited Liability Company – Just as Good as a Trust?
- Jul 12, 2018 Erosion of Effectiveness of Asset Protection Trusts
- Jul 10, 2018 It is Time to Update Entity Agreements
- Jun 26, 2018 LLC Charging Order Protection Against Creditor Causes Debtor to Lose Even More Money: How Can That Be?
- Jun 20, 2018 New Nevis LLC Law Passes
- Jun 15, 2018 “Asset Protection Update” By: Edward D. Brown, Esq. and Jacqueline Z. Fox, Esq.
- Jun 14, 2018 European “Blacklist” Status May Hit Home
- Jun 5, 2018 Is Jail Time the Nuclear Attack that Creditors have Against Offshore Asset Protection Trusts?
- May 30, 2018 IRS Amnesty Program for Failure to Report Offshore Assets Set to Expire in 2018
- May 29, 2018 Georgia Has No Asset Protection on its Mind.
- May 21, 2018 A Cook Islands Trust that Could Have Succeeded to Protect Assets
- May 17, 2018 International Wealth Planning Trusts and Current Due Diligence Requirements
- May 3, 2018 The Demise of Domestic Asset Protection Trusts?
- Nov 3, 2017 Greenspoon Marder Client Alert: 2017 Tax Act