Harlan Greenman is of counsel in Greenspoon Marder’s Real Estate practice group. Mr. Greenman focuses his practice on financing on behalf of lenders and borrowers and leasing on behalf of tenants and landlords across all types of real estate. He has been involved with the development of more than 10 million square feet of newly created and redeveloped office, hotel and retail space. These transactions range in size from under $10 million to in excess of $1 billion.
Mr. Greenman represents a broad array of clients in New York and throughout the United States for over three decades. His clients include banks and other financial institutions, office, hospitality and retail developers, not-for-profit organizations, and religious institutions.
Mr. Greenman represents major banks and other financial institutions as well as investment firms, owners and developers, for a variety of debt and equity transactions, representing both lenders and borrowers.
Mr. Greenman has been involved in structuring and arranging first and second lien facilities secured by real estate, and other subordinate financing such as bridge and mezzanine facilities, financing for acquisitions, and working capital and letter of credit facilities.
Mr. Greenman structured and steered the documentation for a Letter of Credit facility related to a multi-billion financing package in connection with the development of Hudson Yards. Mr. Greenman led his team through the creation of the 86th Street Station for Phase One of New York City’s new $4.4 billion Second Avenue Subway, which opened to the public on New Year’s Day 2017.
Mr. Greenman represents hospitality clients in connection with acquisitions, ownership and construction.
Mr. Greenman also has structured complex joint ventures, such as for development of hotel properties in central Florida.
Mr. Greenman obtained his undergraduate degree from Columbia College at Columbia University and graduated with honors from the Columbia University School of Law.
Mr. Greenman has spoken at a variety of organizations including the International Council of Shopping Centers, the American Bar Association, and the New York City Bar. He is recognized as an AV Preeminent Lawyer by Martindale Hubbell and recently nominated as a New York Super Lawyer. His extensive publications include a committee report by the New York City Bar, contributions to the model Mortgage Loan Opinion published jointly by the New York City Bar and New York State Bar Association, and numerous articles in a variety of professional publications.
- J.D., Columbia University, 1982
- A.B., Columbia College, 1979
- United States Federal Court, Southern District of New York
- United States Federal Court, Eastern District of New York
- New York
- Representation of major New York Real Estate Bank Lender in connection with first and second lien facilities secured by real estate and other assets.
- Representation of Bank Lender in connection with Letter of Credit Facilities in connection with Hudson Yards Development.
- Representation of Private Equity Lender in connection with Mezzanine Facility for Times Square Area Hotel Acquisition.
- Creation of key infrastructure portions of the 86th Street Station of the Second Avenue Subway Project.
- Transferrable Development Rights Transfer and Re-development of 340 Madison Avenue from a five-building complex into a Church and unified Class A office building in “partnership” between the Church and the Developer.
- Ground Leasing and Development of World Financial Center in Downtown Manhattan, creating over six million square feet of office and retail space.
- Re-development of Times Square properties as part of the 42nd Street Corridor Project, preserving various historic properties in Times Square.
- Development of 1325 Avenue of the Americas including expansion of Show Space located at the New York Hilton.
Professional and Community Involvement
- New York City Bar, Real Property Law Committee, Member
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- International Council of Shopping Centers, Editorial Board Member
- National Sawdust, Bravo Circle Supporter